CHIE IMAI is not just a designer brand. We have our own factory in which we manufacture our products and reconstruct older fur coats. Fur and leather are biodegradable organic materials that wear out as they age. It is important for fur and leather products to be cleaned and cared for to look their best as well as to keep them current in design and cut.
|Base fee:||¥ 280,000|
|Fitting cost:||¥ 50,000|
|New Lining:||¥ 50,000|
|Total Approximate cost:||¥ 380,000|
We evaluate your coat to determine if it is a good candidate to be deconstructed and redesigned. Bring your coat in person or ship it to one of our stores.
Once the garment is evaluated and accepted, one of our in-house fur specialists will discuss how to proceed with the redesign of your coat. We make the most of the original design and the skins.
3. Cost Estimate
When the new design is decided, we provide you with a cost estimate. The price varies according to the additional skins which you may choose to add.
When you accept the estimate, we measure your body. We will fit you with a temporary form (toile) in order to ensure your correct size. We have your photo taken in the toile to provide you with an idea of the result.
We contact you when the final toile is ready. The toile is used to make any small adjustment to your body size.
After your fitting in the toile is complete, we will manufacture your garment at our factory. Your updated coat will be shipped to you as soon as it is ready.
- We highly recommend that you look after your stored coat annually. Mothproofing by a qualified professional is highly recommended.
- Avoid leaving your coat in the sun and strong lights. It can become oxidized and discoloured.
- Hang your coat on a wide, large hanger. Space your coat away from other garments in a closet to prevent them from being pinched.
- Put your fur coat in a breathable garment bag when you travel.
- When you notice a hole or other wear and tear on your fur coat, have it repaired right away by an experienced professional.
- Hang and dry your coat in a breeze when it gets wet. Avoid using a dryer. Natural skins are susceptible to excessive heat.
- Avoid spraying liquids which contain chemical substances on your coat such as hair spray or perfume.
The longevity of fur and leather depend on proper maintenance. Direct sun, UV, X-ray and dust and dirt are the primary enemies of fur and leather. CHIE IMAI was the first brand to develop in-house cold storage at its own premises in Japan. Storage temperatures are maintained at under 10 degrees celsius and approximately 50 percent moisture to provide an optimum environment for furs and leathers. This service is complimentary to all customers for the first year following their purchase.
Please feel free to contact us if you need to have your valuable garments cleaned. We provide cleaning services for fur and leather on a fee basis.